Saturday, October 04, 2008

Running in 2008 & 2009

In a few weeks, I will be attempting my first true "ultra" marathon, the Palo Dura 50k trail run.  I actually have my sights on a 50 miler next year (actually, Palo Dura also has a 50 miler simultaneous with the 50k but I am not ready for that yet), so this will be a good test and revealer of where I am right now.  Thus far this year, I have run the Death Valley All Trail Marathon (Feb.), the Pikes Peak Ascent (August), the Imogene Pass Run (Sept.), and, Palo Duro (Oct.) will do it for the year.  Next year I hope to run Death Valley again (Feb.), Greenland 50k (Apr.), the Collegiate Peaks 25 miler (Apr.), and, if schedules work out right, the Great Wall Marathon in China (May)!  Then, later in the year, I hope to do the 50 mile version of Palo Dura...

...we'll see!