Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Linkin' Blogs

When I first heard about blogging, I thought to myself, "What an arrogant venture. Who would presume to think that others would 'tune in' to follow their stream of consciousness?" I still think this.

So why Linkin' Blogs? I was speaking at a conference in January of 2005 and some of the attendees asked if I had a blog. I said, "No. What an arrogant venture. Who would presume to think that others would 'tune in' to follow their stream of consciousness?" They said, "Since you read a lot, you could use it as a review page and as source for links to resources that are available on various subjects."

I do read a lot. I am asked often for information about various subjects. Thus I have decided to launch Linkin' Blogs as a place to store reviews and links in hopes that it will prove useful to some folks.

The name, "Linkin' Blogs", is from my wife who when I explained to her the concept behind the blog I was urged to start, said, "How about 'Linkin' Blogs', as a play on the toy, 'Lincoln Logs'?"

I am sure that I will veer from time to time, off of the stated purpose and philosophy of Linkin' Blogs, but I do hope that some of the links and resources will be helpful to whoever 'tunes in'.

No comments: